Monday, September 15, 2008

A little piece of heaven

So I got an opportunity to purchase Utah grown peaches and gala apples. OH MY! Since I have a Utah grown boy in the house it was commanded that I order some. So I obeyed this one time! :) Plus, my mom and I were both bit by the canning bug and decided to do this. It was very nice to have the aroma of peaches in my kitchen for an afternoon. I also enjoyed my mom's company for the day. It was fun to be just us girls to accomplish this. Maya helped alot!
When I told Mike I made the syrup light-medium he was sad. He loves sweet sweet peaches.
Oh well he'll get over it!

All 30 pounds done! We canned 24 pints of peaches!
And of course the end result.....
Peach Cobbler anyone?

4 comments:

Katie and Howard said...

Oh yum!! I LOVE peaches and there is something about those Utah peaches!

Davis said...

YUMMY in my TUMMY!

Jim, Brooke, Michelle & Lena said...

It looks like a photo off a cooking show! Did you REALLY make that or did you copy and paste?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the peach cobbler. It was very yummy!