Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Deja vu
Monday was peaches and today was apples. It's sure a lot of work. Right Sophia? Good thing we have WONDERFUL mothers that teach and help us. And yes we had the obvious conversation on pioneer women and men who did this. Along with other things to live and survive that I would not want to do on a daily basis. So I am very thankful to only have to do this when the opportunity comes once a year. Also to have the TIME to do this. I go back to work in October and have realized my time is short.
It seemed like the apples would never end! My poor mom had the job of peeling. I was demoted after my second attempt. At least I tried.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i know it sounds crazy, but i love this time of year because i enjoy canning. it is so much work and makes a humongous mess, but so rewarding. lucky you, you have real help. i usually just have my kids...
Post a Comment