Monday, October 17, 2011

Weather: A small Tropical depression???

This was 2 weeks ago. Poor Mike had to go to the store for us in this. The security guard at the gate told him it was a small tropical depression. A tropical what? I think I need to find out what all the weather terms mean here. The only one I know is if you hear the sirens, put up the hurricane shutters that are in the garage and know your evacuation plan/route. He also told Mike that he has gone thru 4 hurricanes and this is a "light drizzle" compared to them. The rain/storm started Saturday morning and didn't stop until Sunday evening. So it was a perfect Saturday making cookies and watching Prince of Egypt.

**and yes that is a very big pond behind our house**




4 comments:

barbafamily said...

YIKES! Light drizzle compared to a hurricane?! That's scary! And, that wind and rain is nothing like the rain we get here! Crazy! Glad you were safe inside your home :-)

Davis said...

WOW, that is incredible!! I would love to be there for that, I remember when it rained in Germany for 2 days straight...I thought that was weird, but it happens. Arizona tricked us!

Adam.Solana.Frankie said...

That is so awesome!

Sara Schletter said...

oh wow light drizzle my butt.