Wednesday, January 21, 2009

President Obama


I know everyone has their own opinions and views about politics. And many of you that know me, I really don't talk "politics". But I do have my own opinions and views on issues regarding our nation and state. I have been brought up by parents that have done a very good job about letting me use my agency to form my own beliefs and opinions in the political world. They have been very good about teaching me the importance of voting too.
As I am aging gracefully and have my own family, I have come to realize that things that are happening now is paving the path for my children. They sure are not off to a great start. Poor Maya is going to be known as being born in the worst economic time in history. From foreclosures to war to unemployment, it is just what we didn't need to end 2008. But I foresee a brighter future for them now. It is sure not going to happen overnight but it will happen. Could it get any worse?
I feel in my heart that my vote counted this time around. As I watched our new President yesterday get sworn in and with all the festivities that go with it....I had hope. Change does need to happen and I am glad this guy was voted to do it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you girl! Call Stacey and I soon so that we can get together.

DM said...

congrats on your move to mesa. I know you love it out there. I'm sure I would feel the same way if I had lived there first! :-) We will miss you guys but definitely wish you the best!

RPH said...

I totally agree! His speech was inspiring. I am hopeful for our future too!