Saturday, April 11, 2009

60

My mom celebrated her 60th birthday on Tuesday. She wasn't here for us to really let her know she is over the hill. As she was enjoying nature at Yosemite she got her wish.

It snowed. Just for her.


I called her to say I was thinking of her and if she woke up that morning any different. She said she did. She actually did. I told her well 60 can be an intimidating number. A number thats all. She just said she can't believe she would ever get to this age so fast.
As I hung up with her I was thinking of all the things she has done for me. That is a lot of things to think about! It would take me 10 years.

Moms are a blessing.

I would like to share with you a few reasons why I love my mom so much.

1. She loves her grandchildren unconditionally.

2. She can sure mend stuff like it was nothing.

3. She is a great traveler.

4. She is a great teacher. (especially to my children)

5. She has a very good sense of humor.

6. She watches my children for free.

7. She loves chocolate truffles.

8. She is a great cook!

9. She sets a good example.

10. She loves her animals.


Happy Birthday Mom!

2 comments:

Vero said...

Are you sure we have the same Mom? Ha ha! Good list. I totally agree.

RPH said...

Oh, I sure love your mom. What a fun post.