This year was the first for both Ryan and Maya. I did the worst thing a parent can do and waited 2 days before Christmas to get the picture. Since Mike was working I recruited my parents to help me with my bundles. When we got there of course the line was a mile long. Ok I thought we are going to do this and it is going to be fine. My mom took the kids (Ryan and my Dad) to eat at the food court while I waited. When they were done they were off to the indoor playground for Ryan while I waited and waited. I remember looking at my watch when I first got in line...10:30am. When I finally approached the desk where they were taking the photo orders I realized there was a sign indicating the times Santa was on break. 12:30-1:00pm. As I looked at my watch it was 12:20pm. Panic set in. I was line for almost 2 hours and I was at the cusp of having that red rope hold me back for another 30 min. It was the time to pray...to pray really hard. As I stood there realizing the mistake I made to wait last minute, horrible parent guilt set in.
I called my mom to let her know to bring the kids since it was almost my turn. I have this intuition since I am a mom and told her to check Maya's diaper before coming over. She told me she was asleep and didn't want to wake her up. I persisted and said " Please see if there is ANY odor coming from sleeping beauty." ( you can see where this is going )
They came with the kids and got the ok sign from the gal that we would be seeing Santa before his break. Thank goodness! Prayers do get answered. I gave her my order, pulled sleepy Ryan in line and took Maya out of her car seat. She was so cute in her green velvet dress, white tights, and black shoes. (Thank you Elaine) As I pulled her out the smell hit my nose. OH MY GOSH! I saw the wet seat she was in, felt the wetness hit my shirt as I was holding her. Too late now. The deed was done. I made a fast "I told you to check her pants!" at my mom. I think I even yelled it. I grabbed a blanket put her on Santa's lap along with Ryan and said to the girl "just take it". Santa asked me if I wanted the pink blanket in the picture. I just said "No, but you will want it in the picture."
The experience was not like I pictured it years ago. I guess that's ok because a different kind of memory was made. I know I hurt my moms feelings and I am sorry for that. I just had to remind her I have those mommy feelings that are never wrong. (ask Mike)
And of course I had to enclose the end result of my "Jolly Experience".......Enjoy!



P.S.- At least Santa could of smiled. ( Santa Bob would of ) I guess Maya smelled that bad. HA HA!

2 comments:
HAHAHA!!! I love that. And I remember when you worked at the booth at the mall. Somewhere, I think I have a picture of me, you and Brent sitting by Santa...good old days.
thats so funny. I know when you tell your parents to do something and their like no Its ok. remember when we were younger and they tellus to do something. It came back to bite us in the butt.
Post a Comment