Saturday, August 1, 2009

20 weeks and counting

We just got back from Utah this last week ( pictures will come soon ) and we had so much fun. We had to come back a day early to get some things done before we started back to work. One of those things was having an ultrasound done. For some reason I was nervous. I have no idea why but just the typical worries of knowing that the baby is healthy and growing.

Well my worries eased as the technician said the baby was measuring big. My first thought but didn't admit was oh this seems like deja vu with Ryan. He measured big too. As she did her measuring from head to toe everything was as it should be. Since the baby was very active and not really wanting to get bothered, I have to get another ultrasound since she wasn't able to get a good reading on the heart. But was told not to worry since the reason was the baby was not staying still.

As the calculations were set, she pushed my due date to December 19th since the baby was measuring big. Those of you that are familiar with December 19th that is Ryan's birthday. Good thing for scheduled c-sections I can pick the day and it won't be that one! :)

So with my mind as ease we got to the part where she would tell us if its a boy or girl. And with much persistence ( the legs were crossed ) we got a wonderful image. Without a doubt...
It's a boy! Congrats Ryan and Maya! I just know you will be such a great big brother and sister!

3 comments:

B Family said...

Congratulations on a new baby boy! I can't wait to meet him in December.

Love,
Robyn

DM said...

Holy Cow! I haven't been on the blog in so many months I am so behind! i couldn't believe it! You are pregnant! That is so awesome...congratulations. I am so happy for you! Don't you just love boys though?! congrats! congrats! :-)

Davis said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy that there will be another boy in your family!!